BoI- Main Page |
Star Fleet Library |
SF Engineering |
SF Intelligence |
SF JAG |
SF Marine Corps |
SF Medical |
SF Records |
UFP Dept. of Colonial Affairs | UFP Educational, Scientific and Cultural Org.
WRITING GROUPS: Star Fleet: PRIME (SD- 2427) | Star Fleet: ORIGINS (SD- 2261)- DEFUNCT | Star Fleet: BEYOND (SD- 2771)- DEFUNCT
Official UFPDOCA Colony Entry: Angaria IV
- Colony Name: Angaria IV
- Creator: David Muir
- System/Location: Hestus System, Delta Quadrant
- Distance to Nearest Starbase: 4 Days to Orbital Fort 301, Orbiting Hestus at the entrance to the Hestus Wormhole
- Planet Classification: M-Class, 1.01 G
- Satellites/Space Stations: None
- Land/Water Ratio: 60% land, 40% water
- Climate Controlled: No
- Native Sentient Life: No
- Colony Age (approximate): 35 years
- Population (approximate): 28,000
- Species Present: Human
- Colony Status: UFP Protectorate
- Government: Democratic Council
- Major Cities/Settlements: Toppus, Capital Village
The Rigel II colony was starting to see the effects of overcrowding. Small, independent farmers were being forced out by large agricultural conglomerates.
Using their meager savings, fifty-odd families embarked on an exodus to the less-populated Coridan system. An unexplained Warp coil malfunction caused a rift in the time-space continuum and flung the hapless colonists into the Delta quadrant. The starship was badly damaged, and they crash landed on the nearest class-M planet, Angaria IV (as it was dubbed by the new inhabitants).
Approximately 18 years later, the UFP established a wormhole at a nearby class-I planet called Hestus, thus providing a link to the Alpha Quadrant.
Almost exclusively agrarian.
Traditional farming culture.
Trade has obviously increased since the establishment of the wormhole. Things are changing on Angaria IV.