BoI- Main Page |
Star Fleet Library |
SF Engineering |
SF Intelligence |
SF JAG |
SF Marine Corps |
SF Medical |
SF Records |
UFP Dept. of Colonial Affairs | UFP Educational, Scientific and Cultural Org.
WRITING GROUPS: Star Fleet: PRIME (SD- 2427) | Star Fleet: ORIGINS (SD- 2261)- DEFUNCT | Star Fleet: BEYOND (SD- 2771)- DEFUNCT
Official UFPDOCA Colony Entry: Chenowith VII
- Colony Name: Chenowith VII
- Creator: Kerry Drake (KEDrake@aol.com)
- System/Location: Chenowith System; Located in the heart of Federation space
- Distance to Nearest Starbase: 10 days from Starbase 4
- Planet Classification: M-Class
- Satellites/Space Stations: 2 Moons
- Land/Water Ratio: 24% Land 76% Water
- Climate Controlled: NO
- Native Sentient Life: None
- Colony Age (approximate): 300 Years
- Population (approximate): 2,000,000
- Species Present: 90% Human 10% Other
- Colony Status: Federation Protectorate
- Government: True Democracy. Through the use of technology, citizens vote on all issues, with majority ruling.
- Major Cities/Settlements:
- New Edinburgh
- New Bristol
Settled 300 years ago by a group of European colonists, the planet is a self sufficient agricultural center. Using modern levels of technology, the industrial base of the planet is kept quite small, producing just what is needed for local use.
Federation Credit, thouth latinum is a recognized currency, however a suprisingly large amount of bartering is still used by the native colonists.
Chenowith VII was established as a "green" planet--low industrial base, with agriculture being the predominant 'industry.' The planet has just enough industry to remain self-suffecient, while remaining very close to being a 'virgin planet.' The settlers are not unfriendly to outsiders, but have made this their home and would just as soon be left alone.