Echen F'don J'Sla-class Light Attack Craft
BoI- Main Page |
Star Fleet Library |
SF Engineering |
SF Intelligence |
SF JAG |
SF Marine Corps |
SF Medical |
SF Records |
UFP Dept. of Colonial Affairs | UFP Educational, Scientific and Cultural Org.
WRITING GROUPS: Star Fleet: PRIME (SD- 2427) | Star Fleet: ORIGINS (SD- 2261)- DEFUNCT | Star Fleet: BEYOND (SD- 2771)- DEFUNCT
- INFORMATION CLASSIFICATION: TOP SECRET
- RELIABILITY CLASSIFICATION: A (multiple direct contacts by multiple Star Fleet assets)
- 1 BASIC STATISTICS
- 2 PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- 3 COMPLEMENT
- 4 POWER AND PROPULSION SYSTEMS
- 5 ARMAMENT AND DEFENSE
- 6 OTHER SYSTEMS
- 7 TACFLEET Notes:
- Class Name : J'Sla
- Classification : LAC (Light Attack Craft)
- Typical Roles : Light Attack, embarked craft on CC/CL.
- SFE Designation : LAC (Light Attack, *see notes)
- Model Number : Unknown
- Number in Service: Unknown
- Length : 50 m
- Beam : 33 m
- Draft : 14 m
- Displacement : ~7,000 mt
- Total Standard : 30
- Officers : 2
- Crew : 28
- Passengers : 0
- Marines : N/A
POWER AND PROPULSION SYSTEMS
- 2x J'Sla-Class, Quantum Singularity, Grade 2
- Drive Type : Gravity Planing/Inertial Reduction Drive
- Number of Nodes : 4
ARMAMENT AND DEFENSE
X-ray Laser Disruptors (Continuous Beam), FxrC-I
- Number: 4 banks.
- Range: < 300,000 km
- Arcs: 1 array dorsal nose mounted, 1 array ventral nose mounted, 1 array dorsal aft mounted, 1 array ventral aft mounted.
Energy (Magnetic Bottle) Torpedoes
- Number : 4 tubes (Number of torpedoes, unknown)
- Range : < 2,000,000 km
- Arcs : 2 forward mounted, 2 aft mounted.
- FAR-4 Enhanced cocoon multiphasic deflector system
- FAR-FL Type Plasma Coil (Unconfirmed)
- Transporters (Fardon Folded Space)
- Standard, 10-person : 1
- Emergency, 20-person : 1
- Cargo : 2
The J'Sla-class screening craft defies consistent SFE classification. On the one hand, it is capable of going head-to-head with Thunderbolt-class corvettes at sublight speeds; on the other, it does is not warp capable nor is it as heavily armored (though it is made out of the same hull material as larger Fardon ships). It is best classified as a light attack craft (LAC) based upon function, though the vessel is substantially more dangerous than Federation LAC's. In fact, in an early encounter, three J'Sla class vessels were instrumental in the destruction of two Thunderbolt-class ships.
Whatever its classification, the J'Sla is a highly effective, scaled down version of the Fardon cruisers, and is devastating when employed as an escort/screen with a Sla'astec cruiser. Their use with Sla'tec cruisers is suspected but unconfirmed.