BoI- Main Page |
Star Fleet Library |
SF Engineering |
SF Intelligence |
SF JAG |
SF Marine Corps |
SF Medical |
SF Records |
UFP Dept. of Colonial Affairs | UFP Educational, Scientific and Cultural Org.
WRITING GROUPS: Star Fleet: PRIME (SD- 2427) | Star Fleet: ORIGINS (SD- 2261)- DEFUNCT | Star Fleet: BEYOND (SD- 2771)- DEFUNCT
Official UFPDOCA Colony Entry: Eldora IV
- Colony Name: Eldora IV
- Creator: Bradley Dwayne Mitchell
- System/Location: Eldora, System
- Distance to Nearest Starbase: 2 Weeks to Federation Outpost 21
- Planet Classification: M-Class
- Satellites/Space Stations: 1 Moon, uninhabited
- Land/Water Ratio: 47% Water/ 53% Land
- Climate Controlled: No (Has very mild climate in large temperate zones.)
- Native Sentient Life: No
- Colony Age (approximate): 120 Years
- Population (approximate): 10,000
- Species Present: Human
- Colony Status: UFP Protectorate
- Government: Planetary Council with elected Governor
- Major Cities/Settlements: Eldora City
Eldora IV is the only habitable planet in the Eldora System which sits squarely in Federation space but is not near any important port, causing it not to grow over a simple colony world. It was found In one of the earliest colonizing expeditions. Because of its very stable orbit the seasons are almost nonexistant with a very mild climate over most of the central planet, thus it is ideal to grow temperate crops such as wheat and corn, as well as graze animals. It is essentially a giant farm, with wealthy land-owners who operate enormous plantation-like farms that literally covers thousands of kilometers. Population density is extremely low, because of this, and the only concentration at all, which is the majority of the planetary population, is in the only true city, Eldora City.
Latinum-based, agricultural industry. Eldora IV supplies enormous amounts of food, and livestock, to less agri-producing worlds.
Slightly below Modern. (Farmers have high-tech equipment, but general populace lives by simple standards.)
Social practices are similar to the frontier of 19th century America, with certain landowners holding festivals that draw in surrounding farmers and hands. This rotated among the farm owners on a regular basis and reflect tradition Earth holidays and religious ceremonies.
Many people encountered from Eldora IV will be only basically educated and work as laborers on harvesters or on horseback as cowboys. The landowners, and their families, are almost like royalty and are much more educated and cultured